Michael Jackson Estate vs. Melissa Johnson
The MJ Estate filed it's answer on Brian Oxman asking for $4.000 reimbursment, becuase he appeared for a deposition back in February.
The MJ Estate amongst others claims:
- Oxman tried to avoid to be served with the subpoenas,
- He refused to go to the deposition,
- Failed to respond on the MJ Estate's form about reimbursing costs for him,
- He wanted to be part of this trial as he was submitting his witness statement to Johnson voluntary, later didn't want to testify on their side,
- No one locates on his office address, but a surplus store where he and his father are selling "anti-radiation" pills to the public following the earthquake in Japan,
- According to the process server "Oxman took the subpoena papers when he was served, clearly realising he had been caught and had little choise but to accept",
- After Oxman received the subpoenas his wife e-mailed the MJ Estate lawyers saying that Oxman won't be available on any of the dates mentioned,
- The MJ Estate lawyers just found out that Oxman and his wife (and partner in their law firm) has a long history of sending mails that no one receives finally, when they are in trouble,
- When the MJ Estate lawyers started to force him to appear for the deposition, he called them "incompetent", "rude" and offensive". When they were discussing the date of Oxman's deposition, if he will be available anytime he replied to the lawyer "well, aren't you a brave young lady?",
- Oxman wants to get money, because of the costs of "binding" the documents he produced. However the documents were not binded in any ways, aside from being rubberbanded,
- According to law Oxman has to be reimbirsed for around $100 that includes his travelling fees and so. This money has been sent to him 3 times over the past 2 months, last time he has been personally served with the check. And now he claims that he didn't get the money and wants $4.000,
- Oxman claims that he spent 12.3 hours on searching and collecting documents for the deposition and counts with his alleged $500 fee. At the end Oxman appeared on the deposition with only 5 documents, one of them was an empty envelope...
- Oxman has been suspended twice, first time in 1998 for similar incidents. And in 2009 when the California State Bar suspended his licence for 2 years.
Now how great attorney the Jackson family had for 25 years? http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com